It is recommended that you submit your claim before 31st October, when the UK may well leave the EU with no deal.

Attention non-residents – did you know that you only have until the end of this year to make a claim for a refund of social charges (prélèvements sociaux) paid on investment income (including rental income and capital gains) if you are not part of the French social security system?
This is a long-standing legal dispute. It is possible for you to claim a refund direct from the tax office but our advice would be to seek assistance from a bi-lingual expert such as Cabinet d’Avocats Goffin van Aken who are based in Strasbourg. You can start your claim by using the following link:
People also potentially eligible to claim:
  • residents who obtain healthcare via the form S1 who can obtain exemption on pension income
  • early retirees who pay for their healthcare via private cover
  • French residents who pay social security charges in another country
  • Those who sold property in 2016, 2017 or 2018
Please note that you should take specialist advice from a professional accountant, lawyer or notaire – we are simply highlighting a potential refund opportunity!

Leave a Reply