Your home office organisation for 2021!
It is that time of the year to start planning your new year resolutions for 2021, and this year it is more important than ever to finally organize that corner of the living room or dedicated room to have a proper home office where you can get cracking on making this your most organized and productive year.
Millions of professionals have been made to work from home due to the restrictions from the COVID-19 virus.
However, many people know that this is not always an easy situation, with children and partners also in the house, working from home isn’t as easy as it may seem. The most important thing to take into account is that your home office needs to be comfortable, well organized and should be a place where you are able to stay concentrated and motivated with no distractions.
First of all, for those who already own an office, this can make things easier, but for the other percent who live in small confined spaces or apartments, this may be a little bit more tricky/difficult.
We are going to give you a few tips on how to turn your home office into a calm, comfortable, organized and a distraction free environment.
- Storage: Organize your work documents in shelves/plastic containers so you no longer have to rummage through boxes of files, paperwork and other important essentials for your work, this way you will be able to find what you’re looking for with ease when your files are right at your fingertips, also try and label as much as possible so the items that are stored are easy to identify.
- A comfortable office chair: This is extremely important, if you are spending a full day sitting at your desk, the last thing you need is to have a stiff neck, sore back or even worse, headaches. Try and get a chair where you are sat up straight, eyes faced forward directly looking at your screen, and good support for your back.
- Good lighting: Natural light is always the best option, however, investing in a good desk lamp is also a good idea, which will make sure you’re not straining your eyes all day long.
- BREAKS: One of the most important things to remember, take a break. After sitting for hours stuck in front of a screen, fresh air and a break from the bright light of your computer screen is very important. It also gives you a fresh start before getting back to work, whilst helping your concentration.
- The essentials: Here are a few of the essentials that you will possibly need at full disposition while sitting at your desk.
- A filing cabinet or drawers
- Sticky notes
Adding a personal touch to your home office always makes the environment feel more relaxing and easier to focus when the working space is tidy and organized.
Here are a few of our inspiring home offices, enjoy!