The latest market comment from Leggett International Real Estate demonstrates the strength and popularity of the property market in Normandy, Brittany, and Pays de la Loire.
With pricing data on 27 key towns and cities, as well as expert comments from local agents across the three regions, this report is essential reading for those looking to buy or sell in the Grand Ouest. Key findings include:
– with average prices from 1,880 euros per m2, second homes offer great value for money to Parisians used to paying an average of 12,700 euros per m2.
– the temperate climate is also attracting buyers from southern France, Spain, Portugal, and other Mediterranean countries.
– easy access to the beaches, ports, and seaside resorts makes this area popular with second-home owners.
– over the last five years, prices have risen by 42% in Brittany, 33% in Pays de la Loire and 26% in Normandy. They are now stabilising and back in their usual comfortable rhythm.
– property in the Grand Ouest is seen as a traditional asset and something of a safe haven for buyers.
Leggett International Real Estate has over 120 agents spread across the Grand Ouest, with a portfolio of over 1,000 properties. Data within the report comes from their own sales and enquiry figures, as well as from the Notaires de France, Meilleurs Agents, and MeteoFrance.